Ok, let's take a quick trip back to October. Yes, OCTOBER (The phrase "I'm behind" takes on a whole new meaning with me!) Lovely Miss Kalurah tagged me. ....in October. I think it goes without saying, I might be a smidge on the procrastinating side. a little. maybe.
But ok! The whole idea is I have to list 10 weird facts about myself. The problem with this particular task isn't coming up with 10 weird facts.....its narrowing it down to *just* 10.
No small feat.
1. spit - ugh...."grossed out" doesn't even describe it. Borderline phobia is better. I am REPULSED by spit/saliva. I'm just now getting to the point where I can eat off of the same utensil as my husband or son. Even then, only if its something 'solid' (pudding? yogurt, no. no way.) Baby spit up? Insane poopy diapers? Doesn't even phase me. Kids with slobbery mouths? *cringe*
"But Sarah, how do you deal with your own spit?" seriously, don't ask. If I think about it too long it starts to freak me out a bit and I'll go brush my teeth. I know, brushing your teeth doesn't REMOVE spit, but somehow it helps.
2. stomach issues - I don't even want to type the word. "stomach flu" how's that (I know, I know, its not the FLU...) Probably the only thing that freaks me out more than spit. If anyone has been sick, I'll avoid them for a good week. 104 fever? Bronchitis? Bubonic Plague? Sure, come on over!
I don't care if you think it was food poisoning, I'm lysol-ing my entire house. I'll see you a week from Thursday. ;)
3. in 4th grade I had a whole battery of tests...endoscopy, EEG, blood tests, xrays, therapist, because of stomach issues. Nothing ever came of it, that I know of. I think now it was early anxiety symptoms.
4. I love thunderstorms something fierce. LOVE. them. Its probably the only thing I like about hot, muggy summers. Especially in the early evening when I can sit on the front porch.
5. I love the smell of skunk. No really. I swear. It reminds me of mornings on Martha's Vineyard, which has always felt like 'home' to me. It seems like almost every morning you'd smell 'skunk', and its (somehow) a comforting smell to me.
I wouldn't use it as a candle scent, mind you, but yes, I really do like the smell.
6. I love punk/ska/indie rock, black nail polish, chuck taylors, and tattoos and piercings. I've wanted my nose and lower lip done for probably 10 years, along with a couple of tattoos, but haven't because I'm terrified. See #'s 2 and 7....
7. I have anxiety problems the last few years. They've gotten MUCH better the last year or so since I really started paying attention to them, but there are still situations that trigger them.
Yeah, I know exactly what it stems from - have enough people die right in a row and you get a little freaked, have a new baby right after those people die and it starts to put that "what if something happens to me, I can't do that to him" thing in your head constantly, and throws you for a bit of a loop. It's also triggered by any situation where I'm not in control of things. Oh yeah, very aware. I need a tshirt.
Counseling you say? Oh I intend to someday, trust me, someone is going to put their psychology degree to good use with me someday! :)
8. I'm way more outgoing & goofy in my head, but I have a crippling fear of looking stupid. I'm my own worst critic and I'm darn good. I always hold myself back, and constantly second guess myself. Its the result of certain things, which I'm working on, and getting better. Trying to unlearn things is hard though. Luckily, I have a very patient husband who has spent the last 6 (7?) years trying to counteract all the stuff I tell myself. (and then I roll my eyes at him...its a losing battle, but he keeps fighting it) He's kinda awesome like that.
9. I love office supplies. pens, pads of paper, cork boards, binders, sharpies, I love it all. Office Max is my Disneyland...and no idea why :)
10. I rinse out a glass before I use it. Always. For no apparent reason. Only glasses, not coffee cups or any other dishes. And it has nothing to do with thinking they're dirty, its just been a habit for as long as I can remember. Turn on water, fill partway, swirl and dump, resume filling and drink. I can't NOT do it. *shrug* I don't know. I told you, weird.
Alright, well! Reading through that don't I look like a miserable twisted individual?? =) I swear I'm not THAT bad. ;)
Now that that's out of the way, onto the tagging portion of this bizzarre post!
3. My auntie
Get on it ladies! ....and try to post something that makes me look normal. Thanks! ;)