Monday, July 9, 2007

The Week In Review

Phew! Where to begin?

Our biggest 'event' was Papou and Yaya were here for a week. (Though it literally felt like 2 days, the week FLEW, I can't believe how fast it went!) A few quick pictures:
(I'm now now realizing how silly the phrase "a few quick pictures" is. Do they run? Are they only shown for 3 seconds before dissapearing? hmmm...)


Papou and Yaya are also known as "my dad and step-mom" (though I hate the word 'step-mom') They took the train out - from California to Illinois - to spend the 4th with us. We had a fantastic time, and it has been reported, that they enjoyed themselves as well - success!

We did a lot of sitting on the front porch, a few trips to Whitey's Ice Cream (third picture above), Iowa Machine Shed, and of course - a 3rd of July BBQ and fireworks down by the river. (well, everyone switched fireworks to the 3rd this year, so we had to adjust!) As well as an....interesting dinner....that I'm not allowed to discuss ;) Let's just say if you ever visit the area, I have a place to warn you about!

And when you visit here, we put you to work! They also painted our 'entryway'

Hey - they offered! And did a fantastic job might I add! ;) There's no before picture, but just imagine a big window sized dry-wall patch in the middle of the wall...there's your before! I love the color - I wanted something neutral, but not BEIGE. Soon the trim will get a new coat of white and the door will be painted too.

Zach is IN LOVE with Papou and Yaya, though especially fascinated with Yaya - and a certain turtle brush she possesses. It was a wonderful visit, and we're already in the early planning process for the next visit!

In other (less interesting) news -
I did some clearance shopping and got a new skirt (ignore the dusty mirror) and a couple new watches ($3 ea!)
And some new nail polish -


...and I love it!


Oh and see all these pictures? That's because I got a new camera.

"But Sarah, what happened to the old one?"

*clears throat* Let's just say, never put a fountain soda in your purse thinking it WON'T tip over. ...it will. ...on your camera. 'nuff said? Moving on....

there it is - however - we won't discuss the price of this little find...let's just not.
...I'm trying to forget...
BUT...now I can do all the things a blogger does like -

Flowers and Food! (yummy sandwich, by the way!)


So there it is! Where I've been the last week. Hoping you had a great 4th (or 3rd, if you also live in a city that's decided its easier?)
And as a teaser....I'll be posting a contest of sorts later tonite. And I'll also tell you WHY later tonite. See...teaser ;)

No comments: