Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sometimes you're just too tired...

...to even eat your snack.
This was a couple of nights ago. Zach pulled his usual "I'm HUN-gryyyyyy" complete with pitiful whine and pouty lip. We've learned this is nothing more than a ploy to get out of bed. So every so often we'll let him come down for a piece of bread. (keep in mind, he's NOT hungry, he's hoping to stay up later, so bread)
Normally he'll eat his slice of bread, and we go on our merry way back to bed. This time...the poor kid crumbled. :) I'd tried to wake him twice to eat, and he just kept muttering "I'm just eating my bread", without even opening his eyes. If I tried to lift him, "I'm just still eating". I'd sit him up, remind him to eat, and before I got 10 feet away, he'd be losing the battle and on his way down.
But he held the bread.

He did finally give in, and let me take him back to bed. Poor kid. You know he's pooped if he's too tired to EAT. ...he gets that from his mother.


2 comments:

Iguana Banana said...

Poor tuckered out little guy. They are at their most frustrating and their most lovable when they are sleepy, sleepy little guys. What sweet pictures.

Anonymous said...

I think Andrew did that same exact thing last night...