Saturday, May 24, 2008

Spinning Stuff

"How I Spent My Summer Vacation" ...or at least the better part of the last 3 weeks!

I got in touch with Amanda from LoneStarArts who I "know" through twopeasinabucket and ravelry. I wanted to see if she could dye some BFL for me, and lucky for me, she happened to have 8 oz hanging around ready to dye. (It was a sign, I swear...I HAD to buy it right?)

after looking through her colors, I chose 'Carnival'. She had it dyed and mailed to me within a week I think, it was fast and I was thrilled. ...and it was soft and squishy, and it smelled good. (Yup, I smelled it. Part habit, and part 'I've received some smoky things in the mail before'. This just smelled fresh and clean. Awesome)


I spun most of this on 'my' spindle. ('my' as in 'its in my possession at the moment', it is not MINE)

nothing like spun singles on toilet paper rolls *sigh*


that's a nickel buried in there, to give you some size reference. Isn't it purty?

---------------Right about here...is where I ordered my spinning wheel---------------

More of that later...

6 comments:

Crosswinds Farm said...

Really cool! You are getting pretty good at the whole spinning thing.
You must really want your alpaca fiber, you have lots of blog updates......I guess I will release it from hostage.

~*Sarah*~ said...

Maybe you probably just want to give it to me, first. ;)

Marianna said...

Yum! wow...gorgeous colors! I can't wait to see what you make with it, do you have anything in mind yet or are you still in the smelling it and squishing it phase? ;)

~*Sarah*~ said...

oh marianna - you're my kind of gal :) I finished spinning & plying it, so now its READY to make into something...but I'm squishing and admiring :) Haven't decided yet, hmm...

Elizabeth said...

That is lovely yarn! Ohhh!!! I'm just oooohhh speechless!!

kalurah said...

Oh gawsh, Sarah! That yarn is absolutely beautiful. Perhaps you have stumbled upon a newfound talent!! I think you should start spinning yarn to sell on etsy. I would definitely buy some!! :)
I love those colors but my personal fave would be light turquoises and ocean blues. Aaaaahhhhh....Bliss.
Gorgeous work, girl....gorgeous!