Thursday, September 4, 2008

How Did We Go...


from this:
to this:
so. darn. fast?


Happy Birthday baby boy!

(I can call him baby boy on my blog, because he can't hear me, and tell me I'm not allowed to call him 'baby' because he is not a baby.....he is a big boy.) And he's right, and when the HECK did that happen? When did my pudgy baby with his 'gi-gi', turn into a 4 year old KID. Who is now sitting on my lap taking my breakfast order, and cooking it on the desk in front of me, while cautioning me that they're still hot and to be careful.

I swear every birthday hits me in the gut just a little bit harder. And not necessarily in a sad way (though yes, going through pictures and finding the bitty baby pictures about does me in) but the HOW? HOW are we here already? HOW is it possible that you're 4 years old. A boy, with favorites, and talents, and opinions of your own. (Like insisting on wearing shorts this morning, even though its 63 degrees and raining.)

Do you feel a photo heavy post coming? I sure do...

4 comments:

Crosswinds Farm said...

Hmmm....mad props to the cake decorator!
Just wait until he hits TWENTY four....then you really wonder how that happened!

Elizabeth said...

Happy birthday to your little guy!

Kristin said...

Hey, when's this party Zach had to call us and make sure we came to?

Sandy said...

Awww happy birthday lil man!!